Marketing Data Analyst (Part-Time Contractor)
Who we are - what we do
The Healthy Back Institute is on a mission to help people live pain free. Over the past 17 years, we have helped millions of people from around the world start thinking about health differently, to begin living pain-free, and most importantly…in a safe and natural way. .
We accomplish this mission with our premium quality products and engaging content, while utilizing the awesome power of direct response marketing.
Everything that happens at the Healthy Back Institute is rooted in our core values:
Freedom, Love, Team, Growth, Excellence, and Courage
These values form the foundation of how we serve our customers and how we treat each other.
We are seeking a highly talented Part-time Marketing Data Analyst to join our team!
As our Marketing Data Analyst, you will be instrumental in unlocking HBI’s future growth. You will be analyzing large sets of rich Marketing Data, helping us identify trends, uncover hidden gems, and providing the insight and data to power intelligent decisions. You will be supporting various groups within the business, including marketing, customer service and sales as opportunities to utilize your analytic skills arise.
This is a Part-Time Hourly 1099 Contractor role working 25 hours per week with an estimate of 4-6 months engagement and possibly extend if needed, supporting and reporting to the CMO, and you will be an important member of the Marketing Team at HBI.
Who You Are
We are looking for a creative, seasoned analytical thinker who thrives on uncovering trends, discovering insights no one else has seen before, and presenting those findings in a clear, actionable format to the Marketing Team. You love working with data to discover the solutions to tough business challenges. You are comfortable communicating with the Marketing team and want to help lead our organization into its next phase of growth.
This role, on the Marketing team, will partner closely with Customer Acquisition, Customer Marketing, Customer Retention, E-Commerce, Finance, Customer Service and Sales Teams.
What You Have
3+ years as a Marketing Data Analyst or similar analytics role with strong business acumen and experience in consulting, high-growth start-up or related business. Subscription-based company experience is a plus.
- Highly proficient in SQL, AWS, Quicksight (or similar tool), and Excel to manipulate large datasets. Experience with Python is preferred.
- Proficient in utilizing Marketing internal data warehouse, including the building and maintaining of marketing reports.
- Accurate interpretation of complex data sets, followed up by effective communication with the leadership team that both instills confidence, and motivates leadership to act on your recommendations.
- Evidence of applying analytics skills and end-to-end quantitative thinking in order to optimize the performance of various business functions.
- Ability to effectively communicate across matrixed organizations and explain technical concepts and data findings to business leaders.
- Ability to manage tight, but reasonable, deadlines working with multiple stakeholders simultaneously.
- Demonstrated high levels of ownership, entrepreneurial initiative, time management, organizational skills and a high desire to see your recommendations drive significant, measurable performance results for the business..
What You’ll Get To Do
- Impact innovation in product, business model, pricing, and customer segment strategies.
- Support the CMO with Customer Acquisition and Backend Marketing data analysis and reporting data findings.
- Analyze customer acquisition funnel tests, which includes initial cohort data analysis and updating once the test begins and data matures.
- Provide marketing data inputs for sales and revenue models as requested by the Finance department.
- Conduct and analyze quantitative analysis on pricing, products, markets, customers and location to discover key business insights to support company performance and decisions.
- Comprehend and analyze market opportunities to unlock growth opportunities, and support the development of business cases to influence product and marketing roadmaps.
- Utilize considerable expertise and sound judgment in collaborating with the IT and Marketing team in implementing research approaches to methodically manipulate, structure, extract, cleanse, sample, test and validate data from sources and significant volumes of complex data.
- Provide guidance with data findings and partnership to business leaders and stakeholders on how best to harness available data in support of critical business needs and goals.
- Special projects or tasks may be assigned as needed.
Why You’ll Love It Here:
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind people, leaders, and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
- The Mission. At HBI, we are relentlessly focused on helping people live pain-free lives. It feels good to serve others – and HBI is the leader in helping people live their lives pain-free.
- The Values. The opportunity to make a difference with teammates who believe in our core values of Freedom, Love, Team, Growth, Excellence, and Courage
Please get to know us!
I encourage you to click on the links below and get to know us better!
- Explore our proven, Pain Relieving Products here.
- And find hundreds of customer Success Stories here.
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor to learn more about our culture!
- Our Career page to see the position posting HBI Career Page.
Please Note: Before applying for the role, know that we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with us may include video and phone interviews, assessments, projects, and scenario-based situations. Although we are unable to follow up with each and every candidate, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
The above job posting is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
HBI is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.